In 2016 Sail Croatia founded the non-profit organisation, Green Sail; promoting and supporting sustainable tourism in the Croatian nautical industry.
Join us on our sustainability journey as we celebrate where we started, reflect on what we’ve achieved and plan the issues we’ll tackle by 2022.
single-use plastic bottles removed from our ships through our water cooler initiative
free biodegradable water bottles provided through our refillable water bottle initiative
hours spent on developing sustainability initiatives in the Croatian community with Green Sail
invested in environmental sustainability
By 2022, we will ensure:
with the support of Sail Croatia:
nautical industry including:
- Sustainable alternatives within the nautical industry including:
- Solar panels
- Alternative energy sources
- Energy saving options onboard
- Legislation surrounding single use plastics
- Widespread, consistent recycling options nationwide
- Blackwater waste management within the nautical industry
- Research and implementation of eco-cleaning products within the nautical industry
By 2022, we aim to operate within a circular model of sustainability - which of course includes our guests journey with us!