From abandoned fortresses to cliff-side bars, market squares to mountain ranges - these are truly the very best Instagram locations in Croatia
So you’re coming to Croatia on one of our cruises, armed with your camera or smartphone ready to capture your holiday fun, and a few special Instagram shots to make your friends back home green with envy – but where do you capture the best shots in Croatia? Well, because we’re island hopping all across Croatia during the summer, we’ve become experts and a pretty reliable source for sniffing out the very best Instagram locations in Croatia – just check out the Sail Croatia Instagram profile for proof!Dubrovnik
- Walk the city walls & pretend you’re on the set of Game of Thrones.
- Take breathtaking shots of Dubrovnik’s red roofs from Mincenta Tower.
- Grab a few cold drinks and take in the view from Buza Bar.
- Take a walking tour of the interior of the Old Town.
- Ride the cable car to the top of Srd Hill for spectacular views.
- Hike to the fortress up on the hill for breathaking views over the harbour.
- Explore the main square of Hvar Old Town – it’s by far the largest square in Dalmatia.
- Sip a cocktail (or a few) whist snapping some stunning sunset photos from Hula Hula Bar.
- Check out The Cathedral of St. Stephen at the end of the Pjaca.
- Visit the Gothic-Renaissance style St. Mark’s Cathedral in the centre of town.
- Explore the maze of fish-bone shaped streets in the Old Town.
- Go off-road for some actions shots on a buggy safari through vineyards and onto secluded beaches.
- Grab yourself an ice cream & just pace up and down the Riva Promenade. Lots of great buildings & people to capture.
- Check out the markets outside the walls of Diocletian’s Palace. Lots of great food & colours to caputre.
- Walk through, and below Diocletian’s Palace. The place is full of people & architecture just begging to be Instagrammed!
- Head over to the Statue of St Peter & snap some breathtaking shots of Makarska with the Biokovo mountains looming high above.
- Take a hike through the Biokovo Mountain ranges & prepare for stunning scenery shots.
- Hit the liveliest club in town – Club Deep. Probably the only club in a cave you’ve been to!
- Check out the market place for great shots of St. Mark’s Church overlooked by the Biokovo Mountains.
- Take a short boat ride to St. Mary’s Monastery – the island on an island.
- Hire a bike & explore the gorgeous national park.
- Body-float under the Mali Most Bridge, boyed along by the strong currents between the two lakes.
- Rent a kayak and explore the National Park by water at your own pace.